JOB TITLE: ArchitectCompany: Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
About The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation:
Established in 1926, the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation has been a center for history and citizenship. Encouraging national and international audiences to learn from the past through the preservation, restoration, and presentation of eighteenth-century capital of Williamsburg, Colonial Williamsburg is dedicated to cultural and historical authenticity on-site and online through the study, interpretation and teaching of America's founding principles.
The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation is led by President and CEO Mitchell Reiss and governed by a Board of Trustees that includes Fortune 500 CEOs, a Supreme Court Justice, business and civic leaders, philanthropists and scholars.
The Foundation, with an annual budget of more than $220 million employs more than 3,000 employees and volunteers. It is a not-for-profit entity that operates a not-for-profit educational institution and a for-profit enterprise, "the Company."
The Foundation operates three world-class museums whose collections enhance and enrich the guest experience beyond the living history of the Historic Area. Currently, the Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg is undergoing a multi-million dollar expansion project to showcase more of the collection and enhance space for programs and events.
- DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum houses the Foundation's renowned collection of British and American fine and decorative arts dating from 1600 through 1830
- Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum is the oldest institution in the United States dedicated solely to the collection and preservation of American Folk Art
- Bassett Hall, a two-story, eighteenth-century frame house which sits on the 585 acres near the colonial capitol; the Williamsburg home of Mr. and Mrs. John D. Rockefeller Jr.
In addition to the Historic Area itself, Colonial Williamsburg operates a world-class resort with the capacity to accommodate one million visitors annually. Some of our Hospitality destinations include the 5* Williamsburg Inn Hotel and the Golden Horseshoe Golf Course.
JOB TITLE: Architect
Production and coordination of all architectural work associated with the alteration of existing buildings and construction of new. Work includes site evaluation, programming and concept design, production of construction drawings, specifications, and field inspections.
Some of our current projects include expansion of our Wallace Art Museum and a brand new Archaeological Center.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture and licensed architect in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- At least 6-7 years of experience as an Architect (must have some Commercial Experience) in facilities design and construction.
- Basic knowledge of civil, structural, and MEP systems.
Excellent pay and benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision, 401K, Company funded Pension Plan and more. Relocation Assistance Available.
Please apply on-line at www.colonialwilliamsburg.org/careers.
Contact me with any questions.
Human Resources, Senior Recruiter
The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
Our Mission: To feed the human spirit by sharing America's enduring story